PTFE Hose Assemblies and Stainless Steel Braided Hose Assemblies
PTFE Hose Assembly – A Superior Choice When Comparing Other Types
When selecting PTFE hose assemblies for your industrial process, consider the following:
- PTFE hose assemblies perform at a much higher level, particularly under more severe process conditions
- PTFE hose assemblies outlast other types that are constructed out of standard thermoplastic or rubber hose. This holds true under any operating condition
- When considering total life-cycle cost, in comparison to more traditional assemblies, PTFE hose assemblies are the more economical choice
Durability and Flexibility
- Excellent for the transfer of fluids, gases and granulates at more extreme temperatures, over a wide range of pressure , without breaking down – please see our chemical hose compatibility tool and product specification information for compatibility.
- PTFE hose assemblies handle media at extreme temperatures: Rated from -100° F to 450°F. They can handle even more temperature extremes with heat sleeves and insulation for cryogenic applications.
- PTFE hose assemblies handle higher pressures from 500psi to 3500psi, relative to standard industrial hoses
- PTFE hose assemblies makes them ideal for processes involving vibration and motion
- They are much more durable, with longer-lifecycles
Please note: the complete range of temperatures & pressures listed here should not be used in selecting your specific solution. Please review each specific hose type, its size for proper compatibility in regards to your media transfer, at maximum temperature and working pressure. If after reviewing the PTFE hose product pages and using our chemical hose compatibility tool , you are still not certain that PTFE hose assemblies are suitable for your application, contact us so we can help you determine the optimal hose assembly solution.
PTFE Hose Assemblies Meet or Exceed Sanitary Standards
Meets or exceeds standards for clean & sanitary processes: FlexFit Hose PTFE hose assemblies meet or exceed the following standards: USDA, 3A Sanitary, FDA 21CFR177.1550, USP Class VI and ASME-BPE for our sanitary fitting types.
Convenient to drain and clean: Entrapment issues are eliminated, while deposit build-up is greatly reduced
Due to the PTFE core, PTFE hose assemblies will not impart taste or odor to the media being transferred
Our ST-Flex PTFE Hose Assemblies line, where the PTFE hose has an outer silicone jacket, is excellent for any high purity application, where continuous sanitization is a must. The outer layer of silicone has the benefit of providing additional protection from media being transferred at higher temperature.
316L Stainless hose fitting s are part of these requirements, and come standard.
Please see our demonstrated quality Demonstrated Quality page for more on how we ensure our process for fabricating sanitary solutions get delivered to you.